Skillz is on a mission to bring out the best in everyone through competition. Building the future of entertainment, Skillz is accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make competition accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
Skillz has been recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we’re looking for:
Skillz seeks a world-class Talent Acquisition Operations Leader to partner with VP of Talent and Head of Recruiting to identify ways to provide a best in class candidate experience, interview process, and onboarding across all points of the candidate lifecycle. We need someone to proactively manage our recruiting tech stack and make recommendations, standardize the reporting of our key productivity and conversion metrics, and evaluate, improve upon, and oversee our use of Greenhouse, our Applicant Tracking System.
The Head of Talent Acquisition Operations and OnBoarding should also be able to build and maintain a job board management system that ensures consistency and optimization across all platforms, serve as SME for all recruiting systems and integrations and provide training to users, and partner with TA Team to improve upon recruiting data integrity to prepare periodic reporting and insights for leadership.
Success in this role includes:
- Initial audit and continuous improvement of Greenhouse, including pipeline stages, archive buckets, feedback forms, and job listings.
- Reporting cadences established with VP of Talent and Head of Recruiting Manager, University Recruiting Manager, and VP of Recruiting to deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly reports used internally and externally.
- Design and rollout of an OnBoarding program that is educational, entertaining, and efficient. It is an opportunity to get all new hires excited to be at Skillz, aligned on our Mission and Values, and able to sell the opportunities working here presents them.
- Initial audit and continuous improvement of job board management tools, including an audit of all external job postings for optimization opportunities.
- Candidate engagement strategy for future pipeline with an emphasis on front-end processing speed and long-term candidate conversion.
- Strong relationships with recruiting and cross functional stakeholders across the business
- You have 8+ years experience as part of in house corporate Talent Acquisition teams, working successfully in a high-growth, fast-paced environments
- You have 5+ years experience scoping, leading and delivering complex programs and projects with experience in a Talent Acquisition, TA Operations, TA Analytics or TA Program Management
- You bring a deep understanding of modern Applicant Tracking Systems; experience using Greenhouse is preferred.
- You’re able to define and execute on a holistic TA operations strategies
- You have a strong understanding of the end-to-end recruiting lifecycle and hiring processes and how to best optimize for efficiency and quality
- You have strong project and program management skills and experience
- You’re analytical and have strong problem solving skills with confidence working with data
- You’re a capable and confident communicator with the ability to partner and influence across all levels of an organization
- You’re no stranger to a fast-changing environment, with a “do what it takes” mentality
- You have experience leading cross-functional groups, as well as external vendors
- You are a confident communicator who can establish new processes, provide appropriate documentation, and train others accordingly.
- You are passionate about continuous improvement with a natural ability to spot inefficiencies and the changes needed to eliminate them.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.