At Skydance Interactive, we believe in pushing the boundaries of what is possible in interactive entertainment. Innovation in game design, technology and storytelling is the passion that drives our agile studio of dedicated and talented game creators. Collaboration across all disciplines is vital to our success and is at the core of the inclusive culture we strive to foster every day.
We empower our employees to take ownership of the features they develop and create their own solutions when challenges arise. As our studio grows, we want to bring even more risk-takers, innovators and diverse voices along for the ride as we continue to create the games that will defy convention and define the future of the medium.
Our studio was founded in 2008 by several Treyarch veterans as The Workshop. For eight years, we built our reputation in the AAA console space working on hit titles such as Gears of War, XCom 2, Sorcery and The Evil Within.
In 2016, we joined forces with Skydance Media to form Skydance Interactive and set our sights on becoming the premiere studio in the burgeoning arena of Virtual Reality. Following the success of our first VR title Archangel, we elevated our ambition and tackled The Walking Dead universe in VR. The result was the 2018 genre-defining hit The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners.
Skydance Interactive, one of the world’s leading VR developers and creators of the award winning multi-platform hit The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners, is seeking a Technical Director for our upcoming next-generation game project.
We are searching for someone with a passion for innovation, a commitment to collaboration and the guts to take risks when faced with a challenge.
If you aspire to create games that break the mold and elevate the thrilling prospects of the VR gaming space, we’d love to hear from you.
- Lead a team of engineers as part of a cross-disciplinary game development team.
- Oversee realtime game, tools/infrastructure and team workflow.
- Coordinate with Creative Director, Art Director, Senior Producer and other project leadership to identify team needs, set team goals and feature specifications.
- Determine team policy and practice with all technical matters - specs for art and design, code standards, code reviews, etc. within the framework of overall company best practices.
- Collaborate with other project TDs and Architect(s) on shared company technology and process decisions, under the CTO and/or Chief Technologist.
- Help build the engineering team, including interviewing, hiring engineers.
- Mentor and develop engineering talent within the team.
- Hands-on coding as appropriate
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years experience Shipped at least one PC or Console game in Senior or Lead capacity
- Broad understanding of all major facets of large-scale game engine architecture.
- Excellent skills in C++ programming and object-oriented architecture
- Excellent Math Skills
- Detail-oriented planner.
- Sound technical judgement in estimating task complexity.
- Strong personal communication skills.
- Leadership experience directing other engineers
- Impeccable work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- UnrealEngine 4 expertise
- PS5 or XBox Series X experience
- Prior director-level leadership experience
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.