Beginning August 2024
Game Art Department
Game Artist / Game Designer
Full-Time Faculty Appointment with Benefits
The Game Art (GA) Department is a nationally respected program with a highly collaborative teaching environment that merges the aesthetic of feature film with today’s most current interactive gaming hardware and software. Game students design, create and analyze the visual components of games.
Facilities: Ringling College’s GA Department has facilities designed to replicate a professional studio environment, and boasts the highest-end, state-of-the-art computers, graphics cards, and is complete with ergonomic furniture. Full-time Institutional Technology staff support the Department.
The Position: The Game Art Department is seeking a Game Artist / Game Designer with knowledge and/or skills in Visual Development and its associated pipeline to join as a dedicated faculty teaching Game Art. The Department currently uses Unreal Engine 5 (UE5). The primary responsibility of this position will focus on providing quality instruction, teaching students visual development pipelines and techniques as well as 3D content creation and/or level design techniques.
Included among the duties and responsibilities, this position requires expertise in the Visual Development pipelines as well as knowledge in 3D Development and/or Game Design / Level Design. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching three courses or nine
credits per semester. Assignments include teaching introductory through advanced courses in Visual Development, creating interactive experiences and/or integration of assets into the game engine. Ongoing commitment to creative work/research in the profession is expected. Active participation with faculty, department, and college service is required.
This is a full-time appointment with benefits. The salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. The anticipated start date is August 2024. The College has a supportive, collegial faculty, a curriculum that strongly values excellence, and a robust support system dedicated to using the most current technology.
(Minimum Qualifications) Include evidence of:
· A Master’s degree in Art, Game Development, or a related field, OR a 4-year professional degree in art or design and equivalent professional experience, training and expertise with an appropriate record of achievement in the field.
· Three years of experience as a Game Artist and/or Game Designer.
· Experience with a current-generation Visual Development software and/or a Game Engine (i.e. Unreal 4/5, Unity, etc.).
· Experience with thematic visual development as well as one other discipline such as level design, layout and/or world building.
· Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
(Preferred Qualifications) Include evidence of:
· At least 1 shipped title in a current-gen setting.
· Experience with professional visual development.
· Five or more years as a Game Artist and/or Game Designer.
· Experience with professional 3D content creations or level design.
· Knowledge of physically based or accurate rendering (PBR / PAR).
· A terminal degree in an appropriate discipline.
· Experience with storytelling through film language and art direction.
(Special Instructions to Applicants)
Required materials include cover letter incorporating experiences that address the position requirements, resume or CV, employment history, contact information of three references (names, titles, email and telephone numbers), examples of personal work and an unofficial transcript copy of the most relevant degree. Official transcripts will be required upon hire. Student work examples may also be submitted, if available. Candidates may be asked to submit additional materials if needed. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For portfolio, you have the option to upload electronic documents/images, up to 5 MB, or a URL.
General questions regarding the job application process may be emailed to email@example.com.
Apply on-line https://ringling.simplehire.com
Ringling College of Art and Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer