Beginning August 2023
Game Art Department
Level Designer/Game Designer
Full-Time Faculty Appointment with Benefits
The Game Art (GA) Department is a nationally respected program with a highly collaborative teaching environment that merges the aesthetic of feature film with today’s most current interactive gaming hardware and software. Game students design, create and analyze the visual components of games.
Facilities: Ringling College’s GA Department has facilities designed to replicate a professional studio environment, and boasts the highest-end, state-of-the-art computers, graphics cards, and is complete with ergonomic furniture. Full-time Institutional Technology staff support the Department.
The Position: The Game Art Department is seeking a level designer/game designer to join a dedicated faculty teaching Game Art. The Department currently uses Unreal Engine 4/5 (UE4/5). The primary responsibility of this position will focus on providing quality instruction, teaching students game and level design techniques, and creating interactive projects.
Included among the duties and responsibilities, this position requires expertise in the game development pipeline, game design directed research and analysis, game mechanics, and level scripting events. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching three courses or nine credits per semester. Assignments include teaching introductory through advanced courses in creating interactive experiences and integration of assets into the game engine. Ongoing commitment to creative work/research in the profession is expected. Active participation with faculty, department, and college service are required.
This is a full-time appointment with benefits. The salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. The anticipated start date is August 2023. The College has a supportive, collegial faculty, a curriculum that strongly values excellence, and a robust support system dedicated to using the most current technology.
(Minimum Qualifications) Include evidence of:
· A Master’s degree in Art, Game Design, or a related field, OR a 4-year professional degree in art or design and equivalent professional experience, training and expertise with an appropriate record of achievement in the field.
· At least 2-3 shipped titles in a current-gen setting
· 5+ years of experience as a Game Designer
· Experience with a current-generation Game Engine (i.e. Unreal, Unity, etc.)
· Experience with developing and accessing game mechanics
· Experience with level design, layout and world building
· Intermediate to advanced scripting language competency
· Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
(Preferred Qualifications) Include evidence of:
· Experience with Unreal Engine 4/5
· Experience with professional level design
· Experience with 3D modeling
· Experience with texturing assets
· Experience with physically based rendering (PBR)
· A terminal degree in an appropriate discipline
· Understanding of programming techniques and computational thinking
· Experience with storytelling through film language.
(Special Instructions to Applicants)
Required materials include cover letter incorporating experiences that address the position requirements, resume or CV, employment history, contact information of three references (names, titles, email and telephone numbers), examples of personal work and an unofficial transcript copy of the most relevant degree. Official transcripts will be required upon hire. Student work examples may also be submitted, if available. Candidates may be asked to submit additional materials if needed. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For portfolio, you have the option to upload electronic documents/images, up to 5 MB, or a URL.
General questions regarding the job application process may be emailed to email@example.com.
Apply on-line https://ringling.simplehire.com
Ringling College of Art and Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer