ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent AAA developer working on its Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by serial entrepreneur CEO, Vlad Korolev and CSO Alexander Zoll. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent comes from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers (Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ etc) as well as Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp, Chief Visionary Officer, and the author of the Altered Carbon series, that has been adapted into a popular Netflix show, Richard K. Morgan, Script Writer.
Gunzilla Leadership team includes well-known industry professionals like Timur Davidenko, Chief Technology Officer (Far Cry, Warface, and Crysis), Scott Probin, Studio Director (EA Sports’ NHL series, the Need for Speed franchise, Populous 2, Powermonger, Space Hulk), Oleksiy Plaksin, Lead Art Director, (Moto GP and RIDE, Warface and Act of Aggression, Sniper: Ghost Warrior), Dmitriy Markov, Technical Director (Metro: Exodus, Arktika.1), Volodymyr Savin, Audio Director (Cut the Rope, Metro Exodus, HBO Chernobyl series).
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games is looking for a Level Designer to help us to imagine and develop compelling and engaging rules for our games. From conception to release and throughout post-launch, the successful candidate will design high-quality game systems and mechanics that are adapted to the intended audience and enable players to live out unique, fun, and rich gaming experiences.
As the Level Designer, you will:
- Participate in level and gameplay conception for both PvP and PvE maps
- Understand and apply the narrative ambition and desired gameplay
- Actively participate in design-specific discussions and design reviews
- Mentor junior-level designers
- Use available tools to create game spaces
- Fix design bugs entered into the database by testers
- Work in collaboration with the level artists to ensure levels are playable and that graphic elements support each other
- Ability and desire to work in creative and collaborative teams
- Ability to create fun and exciting levels using a full complement of game mechanics
- Excellent sense of 3D game space and environmental storytelling
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation in English
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office software
- Good knowledge of Unreal level-editing tools and scripting languages
- Minimum 5 years of experience in level design and at least one shipped title
- Ability to manage own time and work within deadlines
- Portfolio with examples of your previous work/projects
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership