ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent AAA developer working on its Battle Royale 2.0 Off The Grid in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by serial entrepreneur CEO, Vlad Korolev and CSO Alexander Zoll. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent comes from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers (Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ etc) as well as Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp, Chief Visionary Officer, and the author of the Altered Carbon series, that has been adapted into a popular Netflix show, Richard K. Morgan, Script Writer.
Gunzilla Leadership team includes well-known industry professionals like Timur Davidenko, Chief Technology Officer (Far Cry, Warface, and Crysis), Scott Probin, Studio Director (EA Sports’ NHL series, the Need for Speed franchise, Populous 2, Powermonger, Space Hulk), Oleksiy Plaksin, Lead Art Director, (Moto GP and RIDE, Warface and Act of Aggression, Sniper: Ghost Warrior), Dmitriy Markov, Technical Director (Metro: Exodus, Arktika.1), Volodymyr Savin, Audio Director (Cut the Rope, Metro Exodus, HBO Chernobyl series).
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games are looking to recruit a Lead Gameplay Programmer to oversee our Gameplay programming team working on OTG (Off The Grid), an all-new AAA Battle Royale 2.0 third-person shooter, due for release on PlayStation®5, Xbox® Series X|S and PC
As Lead Gameplay Programmer, you will:
- Lead and manage the programming team
- Mentor junior programmers in the team and plan their skill development.
- Help in setting up best practices for coding and conduct regular code reviews
- Design and develop the core gameplay features and systems for our game
- Work closely with artists and designers to iterate on the gameplay mechanics
- Contribute ideas and feedback toward all aspects of the game
- Maintain and optimize the existing game systems
- Work on AI behaviours and AI-related features
- Document and extend the documentation on the gameplay features and systems
- Self-manage programming tasks and coordinate them with the production team
- Have worked as a Lead on at least 1 shipped project
- Excellent C++ knowledge with 5+ years of professional experience
- Strong 3D math knowledge (vectors, matrices, Linear Algebra)
- Worked in the game dev industry and shipped game titles
- Can self-manage tasks and complete features from scratch
- Passion for playing and making games
- Strong understanding of software engineering practices
- Good understanding of:
- Network programming
- Multithreading and parallel programming
- OS internals (process/thread/memory management)
- How CPUs and GPUs work
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership