You will work in close collaboration with the studio director, product heads, and the various Leads to define the technical specifications of games in development, assess the difficulty of tasks at hand, and bring team members together around a strong ambition.
- Act as the studio's technical consultant by demonstrating genuine expertise on key issues and supervising their operational aspects: defining or optimizing the code's architecture and quality, reviewing the implementation of features, offering advice on the requisite tools, etc
- Define the team's requirements and technical constraints with a view to realizing the creative vision
- Guarantee that the game is delivered on time with the expected level of quality and craftsmanship on all the target platforms
- Help to schedule the work together with the product heads and tech leads in each product team in line with the scope of each task in order to strike a balance between the quality required and the delivery capability (lead times, costs, resources, etc.)
- Define the runtime budgets on the target platforms for each feature, and review their implementation to anticipate difficulties and guarantee performance
- Actively participate in project reviews and polishing up to reach the highest standards expected by our players
- Constantly stay informed of the industry's best practices and be on the alert for the latest technologies.
- You have strong experience as a Programmer in the video games sphere and have already had a chance to ship a mobile or PC project
- You are familiar with issues relating to optimization and architecture and benefit from the knowledge of the Unity engine
- You have a fondness for video games, especially mobile and PC online games
- You are meticulous and teamwork-oriented
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Why you will love working at BIGPOINT...
- Entertain millions of players with high-quality games, disrupt the markets with new multiplayer ideas in multiple different genres and tech projects
- Matrix structure that offers the possibility to work on multiple projects with a lean hierarchy for fast decision-making
- Work-Life Benefits fully remote from around Germany, flexible working hours, 30 days of vacation
- Visa & Relocation Support
- Wellbeing Benefits attractive rates for a gym membership in cooperation with QUALITRAIN
- Mental Health Benefits anonymous employee counselling at Fürstenberg Institute
- Activity Package regular team events, hackathons, and company events
- Education Package yearly education budget for every employee.
Any questions? Feel free to take a look at our FAQ
For direct application: please send only completed application (CV, Cover Letter, References) to email@example.com and refer to the job reference number.
With over 410 million registered players and over 50 games, Bigpoint is one of the leading developers and publishers of free to play games in the world. Being part of the Yoozoo group, we believe that everybody should be able to play great games and, with an uncompromising focus on quality, strive to push the boundaries of gaming, exceeding our players expectations with fun, accessible and innovative content.