As the games division of Bad Robot Productions (Lost, Cloverfield, Westworld, Star Wars, Star Trek), we at Bad Robot Games are on a mission to continually reinvent how stories are played.
We are a remote-first games company represented by a diverse team, which empowers us to make the kinds of games in which all players can see themselves. Working closely with our colleagues at Bad Robot Productions, our projects unite our extensive network of games, TV, and film industry talent to create original IPs, expansive worlds and tell new stories across all media platforms which are as fun to watch as they are to play.
Bad Robot Games is looking for a Senior Animation Engineer that is an innovator, problem solver, and inspirational advocate for all things animation in games.
- Utilize Unreal and develop key animation systems to move BRG forward in our quest to make amazing games
- Support and collaborate with multiple teams by creating workflows that are easy to maintain and build upon while we realize our vision
- Own state machines in various phases of development from prototype to ship
- Analyze, improve, and measure stability, performance, and iteration cycles
- 5+ years experience as an engineer in game development
- C++, Unreal, and Blueprint expertise
- Strong understanding of Animation Principles for game development
- Experience or knowledge of IK System Development, Character customization, retargeting, compression, and ragdoll features
- Ability to ramp up and adapt on all things animation related
- Passion for locomotion systems, physics implementations in relation to characters, and animation blending
- Shipped at least one Unreal Engine product where animation was your primary focus.