As the games division of Bad Robot Productions (Lost, Cloverfield, Westworld, Star Wars, Star Trek), we at Bad Robot Games are on a mission to continually reinvent how stories are played.
We are a remote-first games company represented by a diverse team, which empowers us to make the kinds of games in which all players can see themselves. Working closely with our colleagues at Bad Robot Productions, our projects unite our extensive network of games, TV, and film industry talent to create original IPs, expansive worlds and tell new stories across all media platforms which are as fun to watch as they are to play.
Bad Robot Games is looking for a QA Manager who is a people focused leader. They will help build our QA team from the ground up and create best in class processes for testing our games.
- Establish and own the high-level, long-term vision for quality and testing best practices at Bad Robot Games.
- Develop and maintain a culture of continual improvement within QA, or across product teams, to increase efficiency and reduce business risk.
- Manage, mentor and develop internal QA teams through effective leadership, identification of growth opportunities, and overall people development.
- Partner with production and various development/service teams to continuously optimize the overall quality of our projects.
- Actively manage and develop the QA process by building and maintaining productive relationships with various external partners.
- Collaborate with HR/Recruiting in the recruitment and onboarding of QA team members to support studio growth objectives.
- Create, maintain and manage QA staffing plans, and budgets, on an ongoing basis.
- 5+ years of professional QA experience in the game industry.
- 4+ years of people management experience.
- Expert understanding of game development cycles and methodologies.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to liaise effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
- Passion for gaming and knowledge of games.
- Experience testing on multiple platforms and devices.