ABOUT OUR TEAM
We’re a group of developers, artists, and storytellers that make games full of wonder, danger, and humor. Everyone at our studio, whether an industry vet or new voice impacts each game through collaborative feedback, mutual respect, and creative empowerment. If you want to make games leave a meaningful impact on players: we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for new teammates who deeply care about the work they do, the stories they tell, and the people they create with. As part of the Netflix team, we strive to hire the best and value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration.
Due to the pandemic, we are currently working from home with limited time in our studio. We plan to return to working in-person at our Los Angeles studio in the near future.
Learn how our story-loving game people came to join Netflix’s team of game-loving story people.
ENGINEERING AT NIGHT SCHOOL
Coding is just as creative as other roles at Night School. Our engineering team highly values cross-disciplinary thinking. Creating great gameplay experiences requires engineers to not only imagine elegant, extensible, and optimized systems, but also to appreciate, communicate, and integrate with matters of art, design, and narrative. Here, you’ll flex your ingenuity and skill in multiple areas as needs arise, whether directly in our games, as part of a development support system, or as part of our in-house storytelling toolset, NightTools.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a talented, driven, and passionate graphics engineer to own and maintain the studio’s rendering pipelines. You’ll serve as a studio-wide resource for building and maintaining render pipelines and advanced render techniques on all projects. Working closely with the art and engineering teams, you’ll create world-class visual styles and effects. The ideal candidate is intimately familiar with modern real-time rendering techniques, but also has enough of an eye for visual art to communicate with artists effectively
- Implement and maintain graphics systems and effects tools for all of Night School’s current and upcoming projects
- Work closely with artists and tech artists to ensure rendering features are robust and efficient
- Help maintain our codebases by testing, analyzing, debugging, and optimizing
- Provide technical expertise and documentation to other departments where needed
- Learn new skills, tools, and workflows on the fly to adapt to current needs
- Driven to build and maintain the most efficient, flexible, and usable graphics features possible
- Skilled at writing code that is elegant, extensible, and optimized
- Proficient at giving and receiving quality critique and feedback
- Self-starter willing to seek out solutions and ask questions when necessary
- Mindful of the needs of a team as individuals and as a whole
Skills & Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of common rendering pipelines and techniques
- Familiar with shading languages and tools such as HLSL, ShaderGraph
- Significant experience in C# or C++
- Experience with mobile or console platforms
- Two or more shipped games
- BONUS: Familiarity with Unity
- BONUS: Deep understanding of Unity’s various render pipelines
- BONUS: Desire to contribute to world-class interactive stories
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $50,000 - $600,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here