NetEase Games Montréal, ThunderFire Group of NetEase Games - is one of the leading developers and publishers in the gaming industry. Focused on delivering the best quality gaming experience on console, PC and mobile to international markets, we warmly seek collaboration with talents around the world to produce masterpieces through innovation and inspiration.
We are looking for a person who would join our production teams to be our Art / Graphics Technical Director on our new IP. The candidate must have a solid experience in this role (at least 5+ years) on previous games. You are an expert in rendering, lighting, performance, memory, communication, building pipelines, planning and important, a leader with who others love working with too.
What will you be doing:
• Work closely with the art, game direction to ensure we ‘materialize’ our dreams in terms of visuals.
• Be the art / tech director for the visual art content production teams.
• Establish and maintain pipelines, technical guidelines, budgets with / for the visual art teams.
• Constant monitoring of the technical integrity of the visual data. Ensure that performance and memory budgets are mastered and hit by the visual art teams, while we also reach our art and game direction goals (vision).
• Work closely with tech artists, artists, programmers and other technical directors.
• Teaching and mentoring when needed.
• Ensure state-of-the art use of our Unreal 5 engine, in terms of rendering, proper data creation and usage.
• Plan short/mid/long term needs for art / graphics tech.
• Participate in features and tool developments.
The skills we’re looking for:
• At least 5 years of experience as Art / Graphics Technical Director on at least one state-of-the art real-time game engine.
• In depth knowledge & Master of Real-time rendering, data, performance and memory benching.
• Has built pipelines and workflows in the past.
• Knowledge of Unreal, Python and the standard DCCs of the gaming industry.
• You are not only a problem solver; you also are a curious person who comes up with high value solutions and ideas.
• Excellent leadership, communication, planning and easy to work with.
Why could we be the perfect place for you:
We offer the unique experience of being part of the foundation of a new international game team right in the heart of Montreal, which benefits from the rich diversity of its members and the cultural exchange with our partners in Hangzhou.
NetEase Games is one of the largest and most renowned game developers worldwide by size, revenue and game offerings. Over the years NetEase Games has focused on developing high quality content and providing the best experience for gamers around the world. The company has more than one hundred genre defining and innovative games in operation. Recent games include Naraka: Bladepoint, Knives Out, Onmyoji, Identity V, Diablo Immortal, Harry Potter: Magic Awakened, among many other acclaimed titles.
NetEase Games has also established in-depth partnerships with some of the world’s most creative game studios and developers. Notable partnerships include Mojang (Minecraft), Niantic (Pokémon Go), BHVR (Dead by Daylight) in addition to many other world class studios. In the future, NetEase Games will continue to unleash the potential of creators and developers worldwide and create high-quality games and services that can be shared and loved by players on a global stage.