NetEase Games Montréal, ThunderFire Group of NetEase Games - is one of the leading developers and publishers in the gaming industry. Focused on delivering the best quality gaming experience on console, PC and mobile to international markets, we warmly seek collaboration with talents around the world to produce masterpieces through innovation and inspiration.
To continue to scale our growth in Canada, we’re currently looking for a senior gameplay programmer for our next exciting new IP on console.
What will you be doing:
• Collaborate with the content/design teams to build next-generation gameplay/AI systems for multiple platforms
• Build scalable systems that provide real-time performance and memory budget information
• Utilize performance profiling tools to analyze the current of the project and propose performance optimizations
• Provide guidance for potential impact of code changes and where possible alternative solutions
• As a senior member of the team, you will help coach junior programmers on the team
The skills we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related
• Minimum of 7 years game industry experience with 1 shipped title
• Strong knowledge of C++ (C++14, 17 are a plus)
• C# is a plus
• Knowledge of Unreal Engine, Unity is a plus
• Solid understanding of design patterns and containers is a must
• Experience implementing gameplay, and AI systems
• Working knowledge of visual scripting systems (such as Blueprint, Bolt, behaviour trees)
• Ability to take design documents to top-quality shippable feature sets
• Excellent problem solver who can work independently or within a team environment
• Effective collaborator who can negotiate design/code changes to adhere to evolving constraints
• Experience integrating code/content between version control systems (internal/external servers) is required
Why could we be the perfect place for you:
We offer the unique experience of being part of the foundation of a new international game team right in the heart of Montreal, which benefits from the rich diversity of its members and the cultural exchange with our partners in Hangzhou.
NetEase Games is one of the largest and most renowned game developers worldwide by size, revenue and game offerings. Over the years NetEase Games has focused on developing high quality content and providing the best experience for gamers around the world. The company has more than one hundred genre defining and innovative games in operation. Recent games include Naraka: Bladepoint, Knives Out, Onmyoji, Identity V, Diablo Immortal, Harry Potter: Magic Awakened, among many other acclaimed titles.
NetEase Games has also established in-depth partnerships with some of the world’s most creative game studios and developers. Notable partnerships include Mojang (Minecraft), Niantic (Pokémon Go), BHVR (Dead by Daylight) in addition to many other world class studios. In the future, NetEase Games will continue to unleash the potential of creators and developers worldwide and create high-quality games and services that can be shared and loved by players on a global stage.