Savvy Games Studios (SGS) mission is to create a world-leading game studios in Saudi Arabia, creating high-quality games for international audiences. Also to help Saudi’s passionate gaming sector to develop homegrown IP and more broadly, make KSA a global hub for gaming.
As part of the SGS team, you will work alongside the best global gaming talents who have relocated to Riyadh to be part of the ambitious group, and innovative, passionate and hardworking Saudis.
SGS is seeking a Senior Game Designer with a passion for various genres of games and a drive for storytelling. S/he would be working with the game team and setting the pillars for creating the game design, game prototypes, defining game mechanics, and coordinating with other teams to get the vision of game design executed into a high-quality product.
- Stay up to date with the latest player trends and incorporate these where applicable.
- Creating innovating gameplay and experiences for the defined game vision to set the game's foundation.
- Conceptualize and develop characters, rules, settings, and stories for new games.
- Independently manage various creative ideation steps from pitching ideas to rapid prototyping.
- Define GDD for various game systems and document all details, iterations, and changes for the development teams.
- Review game features to ensure they are fun and developed per the GDD defined.
- Regularly playing the game updates to provide feedback and doing quality control.
- Master continues review and iteration process to incorporate user feedback in game design and feature set.
- Collaborating closely and ensuring alignment with artists, developers, and other team members.
- Capacity to train, coach, and develop junior game designers. Promote experience sharing.
- Advocate game-developer mindset in the team beyond mastery of game design and technical subjects
- Communicate and report to the Design Director.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
- Expertise in Mobile and F2P with multiple titles shipped.
- 6+ years of experience as a game designer.
- Understanding of the industry, market, and target audiences.
- Strong understanding of KPIs and ability to drive game design around KPIs.
- Experience in prototyping and shipping games with Unity or Unreal gaming engines and well versed with the constraints.
- Extensive knowledge of Game Design principles and the gaming landscape.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write clear documentation, making complex ideas clear, concise, and compelling. Ability to give positive and constructive feedback. (Briefings, review, discussions, problem-solving, etc.)
- Attention to detail from both technical and artistic perspectives.
- Command on excel or any scripting language to maintain game design configurations.
- Strong proactive problem-solving and intuitive development skills.
- A leader who encourages team collaboration.
- Passionate gamer with an eye for details.
- Fast and willing learner.
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in game design or equivalent is preferred.
Let’s bring Together Savvy Games Studios to the world!