NetEase Games Montréal, ThunderFire Group of NetEase Games - is one of the leading developers and publishers in the gaming industry. Focused on delivering the best quality gaming experience on console, PC and mobile to international markets, we warmly seek collaboration with talents around the world to produce masterpieces through innovation and inspiration.
For our new AAA title, we are looking for a Quality Assurance Lead with a strong customer focus. The QA Lead will help to establish our QA department and define our QA processes. You will cultivate a highly collaborative, transparent, and safe culture that values innovation, diversity, and work-life balance. You will work with other disciplines to develop test plans for features, tools, and workflows to ensure the development of a high-quality game.
What will you be doing:
• Implement game testing process and structure from the ground up
• Ensure that all bugs from the QA team are recorded in an efficient and informative manner
• Analyze test results, bugs, and usability.
• Maintain QA procedures documentation on our knowledge base.
• Researching and identifying potential opportunities to enhance test process through improved methodology, tools, and automation
• Monitor and act on daily build health
• Assist in hiring to build a QA team
• Manage QA team’s project workload
• Monitor and facilitate QA team’s personal performance, growth and development
The skills we’re looking for:
• 8 years experience in the game industry, including minimum 2 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Lead
• Extensive knowledge of bug databases and workflows (preferably using Jira)
• Experienced in writing test plans/test cases
• Awareness of the development cycle and key milestones
• Worked in the Agile/Scrum framework
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
• Unreal Engine experience is a plus
Why could we be the perfect place for you:
We offer the unique experience of being part of the foundation of a new international game team right in the heart of Montreal, which benefits from the rich diversity of its members and the cultural exchange with our partners in Hangzhou.
NetEase Games is one of the largest and most renowned game developers worldwide by size, revenue and game offerings. Over the years NetEase Games has focused on developing high quality content and providing the best experience for gamers around the world. The company has more than one hundred genre defining and innovative games in operation. Recent games include Naraka: Bladepoint, Knives Out, Onmyoji, Identity V, Diablo Immortal, Harry Potter: Magic Awakened, among many other acclaimed titles.
NetEase Games has also established in-depth partnerships with some of the world’s most creative game studios and developers. Notable partnerships include Mojang (Minecraft), Niantic (Pokémon Go), BHVR (Dead by Daylight) in addition to many other world class studios. In the future, NetEase Games will continue to unleash the potential of creators and developers worldwide and create high-quality games and services that can be shared and loved by players on a global stage.