We’re a team of experienced designers and developers, building new simulation games. The current project is about AIs and memories.
The Studio Art Director is an enthusiastic and passionate Creative, responsible for guiding and driving the artistic vision of game and cross media projects at Gallium.
- Work closely with the Creative Director and Studio Leadership to define the art styles for Gallium game projects
- Present concepts, ideas, and vision of the game to leads and stakeholders. Share and develop the vision and creative design with the art team.
- Have ownership of the visual integrity throughout the entire project, ensuring consistency and the highest quality within the boundaries of mobile hardware.
- Contribute to art asset creation
- Direct the creation of all 2D and 3D art assets for the studio’s game projects
- Work with Production and Art Team Leads to ensure on-time delivery of assets
- Collaborate with creative, design and technical leadership to support and improve the gameplay and technical requirements of the game, offering art-driven solutions to design challenges.
- Display strong communication/listening, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Provide feedback and mentorship for art team members
- 5+ years professional experience as an Art Director, Lead Artist or contributing artist for high quality PC, mobile or console games
- Strong interest in cinematic storytelling
- Minimum of 1 shipped title for PC, mobile or console as an Art Director
- Experience in using the Unity game engine is a must.
- Proficient with modeling within common 3D applications (Maya, Max, Blender etc) and industry standards for the asset production pipeline in games
- Solid understanding of composition, color theory, lighting
- Demonstrated ability of proficiency with concept art and illustration
- Deep understanding of all game art disciplines, Concept, 3D, 2D, Animation, VFX
- Highly collaborative and positive personality