Limit Break is looking for a Lead Technical Artist to help optimize the Art pipeline on our new Game. You will combine your extensive skills and experience in gaming, and interaction design to lead a team in developing and maintaining a gaming experience that paves the way for Blockchain in gaming.
- Establish and champion processes, pipelines, and best practices for 2D / 3D art content pipelines and workflows, including tools and automation.
- Partner with the art and engineering teams to define, design, implement and maintain effective solutions empowering the creative team to provide quality, high fidelity experiences in our games and experiences with sustainable memory and performance considerations.
- Create tools and pipelines for artists and game designers that will enable artists to efficiently test their ideas and implement their artwork in-engine.
- Collaborate with art and client engineering teams to identify, define, and enforce performance budgets, requirements, and other validations for art assets in the game.
- Troubleshoot pipeline issues and solve core problems in cooperation with the development team.
- Assist in defining the Technical Art Teams roadmap.
- Lead/mentor/train a team of technical artists to build an effective toolchain to empower the Art team’s ownership over the pipeline.
- Identify opportunities to incorporate new technologies and techniques to maximize art workflow efficiencies and empower the creative team to express their vision in our products.
- Advocate for the department's goals and desires. Remove roadblocks and raise concerns.
- Advise on, research, and explore a variety of graphics systems and middleware packages.
Skills & Requirements
- Passion for iterative design and peer-to-peer culture.
- Experience defining and creating new tools for Artists to increase iterative speed.
- 3+ years of production and development experience in games or related industries.
- 2+ years experience working in Unity, Unreal, or similar engines in a technical art capacity.
- 1+ years of experience building and managing technical art teams of 3+ people
- Shipped 1+ AAA or large-scale mobile games.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills to act as a liaison between art and engineering teams.
- Expert-level familiarity with at least one or more industry-level DCC applications. (Maya, Max, Blender, Modo)
- Expertise in profiling and optimizing art assets for memory and performance considerations.
- Proficiency in developing scripts, tools, and programs for art-related pipelines and workflows, written in Python/C# or similar languages.
- Knowledge of all art disciplines including concept, character, animation, environment, VFX, UI, lighting, shading, and rendering.
- Broad interest in real-time rendering technologies and art asset creation tools.
- Experience in managing real-time rendering, run-time analytics, and optimization.
- Experience scheduling, scoping, and/or distributing technical work.
- Experience with procedurally created or generated content.
- Worked with cinematic, cut-scenes, or high-quality offline rendering teams and pipelines.
How to Apply
If you are confident, driven and are looking for an exciting role, this job could be a great opportunity for you. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org to explore this new opportunity.
This is an international blockchain gaming company that operates regionally, and is opening offices in multiple locations around the globe.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
About the Company
Creators of DigiDaigaku https://mobile.twitter.com/digidaigaku
Follow us on Twitter for the latest https://mobile.twitter.com/limitbreak
Limit Break. Deep expertise. Personal and Industry evolution. Impeccable craft. These are our core principles.
Limit Break was founded by gaming industry leaders with a vision to develop the best in class gaming experience, in this new era of games beyond games, transforming digital markets into real-world economies and digital worlds into vibrant communities.
Limit Break is backed by leading investors that include Buckley Ventures & Paradigm Ventures.
We are currently developing in Stealth Mode...